Saturday, September 13, 2008

General Worship - Word, Order etc.

Ideas lifted up included:

Inspirational readings, children reading Scripture, use of children's Bibles, Bible verse to memorize, testimonies, testimonies with starter sentence, fill in the blank, spread out participations (transition testimonies), word scramble using people who hold one letter to spell out a word, interactive sermon using crossword puzzle (projected)

Worship should:

include the Word, be interactive, celebrate, music, reflective, prayerful, offer connection, give oportunities to give, time to give testimony, should consider language barriers, accessible, contain repetitive elements, be considerate to disciples and seekers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When I leave a worship service, I always love to be uplifted and caught up in the presence of God. A message that pertains to today and my life, to make the scriptures real in my life. Music that celebrates God's goodness and gives him the praise that he deserves. I believe God wants us to leave his house ready to share his love with others, and that for me is much easier when I feel charged up and excited about God myself!